Manufacturing Assembly Mechanic Certificate
8 Weeks | 18.5 Credits | 50% Online - 50% Lab
About the Certificate
Certificate in Manufacturing Assembly Mechanic provides advanced understanding of manufacturing procedures with a focus on aviation.
Since the job duties can vary widely, the assembly mechanic must possess an extensive knowledge of tools, processes. and inspection methodologies.
- Safety procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazardous waste handling, clean-up, and disposal
- Tool and equipment safety
- Mechanic Orientation
- Power Island
- Basic Drilling and Riveting
- Advanced Fasteners
- Countersinking and Flush Riveting
- 90 Degree Drilling
- Reaming and Permanent Fasteners
- Wing Structure
- Blueprint reading
- Fuselage Skin
- Drilling Titanium
- Drilling Composite
- Sealant Application
- Electrical Bonding and Grounding
- Composite Manufacturing
- COVID-19 safety and cleaning procedures
- The Manufacturing Core Certificate must be completed to take this certificate.
- Students must be over 18 years of age to participate in the lab portion of the course.
- NO pre-testing is required, including the Accuplacer test.
Graduates of this program qualify for entry level positions as assembly mechanics. Assembly mechanics perform a wide range of job duties including assembly of aircraft, assembly of parts, and more.
Graduates of the assembly mechanic program find jobs performing a broad range of activities from processing and fabrication to assembly and inspection. Many of the skills obtained in the Manufacturing Assembly Mechanic program can readily transfer to a variety of manufacturing fields including aerospace, maritime, construction, medical devices, space, automotive, and military/defense.
Sample of reported job titles:
- Sheet Metal Assembler and Riveter (SMAR)
- Structures Technician
- Helicopter Mechanic
- Aircraft Line Assembler
- Assembly Riveter
- Helicopter Technician
- Line Assembler
- Structures Mechanic
- Helpers-production workers
If you have questions about registration, please call 425.640.1840.